Thursday, June 14, 2007

 

7107 Flavors

7107 Flavors, a Filipino restaurant, is located at level 2 of Marina Square (near the Raffles Link entrance).

Lunch Buffet. I come to know this thru some of my Filipino colleagues a couple of days. Then this morning my one of my lunch buddies, a Singaporean wanna try the food for lunch. I said "okay, let's give it a try". So we went there for lunch. Ambiance is good. Service is good. But the food... almost all dish are meat: lechon de leche (roast suckling pig), kare-kare (oxtail stew), mechado and pork barbecue. They also have sour soup with shrimp and grilled fish (tilapia). For vegestable they have 'laing' (taro leaves). The starter is 'lumpiang hubad', and of course steamed rice will be there.

For dessert the have sans rival cake and gulaman (jelly). the buffet costs S$24 with a drink of either code or sprite. Expensive for there was no really meat in the kare-kare its just pork stomach (bleh..). But should give a try. I think its a project of Philippine Dept. of Tourism here in SG.



RATINGS
Food: 2/5
Service: 4/5
Will I come back again?: Maybe



After a few months I tried to revisit again. This time they serve ala carte. So ill change my RATINGS and I'll feature one exotic Filipino food.....

Sizzling Sisig. It minced pork ears, tongue? and meat. Topped with egg. Yum yum. It costs S$12. Its a beer match! and good for rice especially bagoong rice!


RATINGS
Food: 4/5
Service: 4/5
Will I come back again?: Maybe

Labels: , ,


Comments:
yeah .... agree the food is too expensive.....
the vegetable (taro leaves) is too hard. Should be softer.....
For that price, they should serve more varities. Where's the beef steak and adobo (hope i spell it correctly)
 
so far, the food served is good. well, im into oily food anyway. went their with local officemates and they like the food. maybe, we pinoys expect for something more. like the menu in cafe bola in greenbelt... remember adobo flakes? hehehe
 
Post a Comment



<< Home