Saturday, March 24, 2007

 

Thai Smile Cafe

Thai Smile Cafe is located along Lor Telok, a good place to eat after working out (search in streetdirectory 'One George Street', next to it is Lor Telok). They serve authentic Thai food. Whenever i workout at Fitness First Plus at One George and I wanna eat, i invite my gym buddies to eat here.

Minced Chicken with Basil. This is one of my favorite Thai dish, not that too spicy. The minched chicken is mixed basil leaves and some chilli for a price of S$12 and can be served for 2. It goes with pineapple rice or plain rice.



Tom Yam Soup. This makes my tummy feel a bit upset in the next morning (hehehe), because I don't have a Thai tummy perhaps (tsk tsk). This is really spicy and good, makes me sweat while eating and sipping the soup. I like the seafoods: prawn, squid and fish in the soup. It costs S$3.



Coming back... 05-2008



Fresh Coconut Juice. I enjoyed their fresh coconut juice. Nicely served. The coconut was also soft from the inside which was so good to eat after scraping with a spoon... and drink the juice! Feels like holiday.. lol. This costs S$3.50.

Phad Thai. One of famous Thai dish is Phad Thai. Since this branch is owned by Thai and cooks are Thai as well so I believe the recipe and the preparation is very Thai. Nicely served with nuts and chili on the side of the plate, so it is up to the person who ordered whether to mix the noodle with it or not. The noodle is also topped with shrimps and mixed bean sprouts. The taste is a bit of sweet, salts, and spicy... mix them all then, hmmmmmm.... Good!

Fried Tofu. One of my favorite snacks.... tofu!!! I was surprised that I ordered small and it looked big size for me. It was a lot.... I guess. For only S$5, I get this a lot of tofu slices. Nicely fried and the sweet chili sauce give a wonderful taste! Delicious! So good to eat specially after workout.... well... Fitness First is just around the area. So why not power-up some tofu after workout?


RATINGS
Food: 4/5
Service: 3/5
Will I come back again?: Yes

Labels:






<< Home